What Is Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault can take many forms, but there is one constant: It is NEVER the victim's fault. Some common forms of sexual violence include:
- Rape or sexual assault
- Child sexual assault or incest
- Sexual assault by one's partner or spouse
- Unwanted sexual contact/touching
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual exploitation and trafficking
- Exposing one's genitals or naked body to other(s) without consent
- Masturbating in public
- Non-consensual image sharing
Did You Know?
- Every 68 seconds, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
- Roughly 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted while attending college.
- Each year, approximately 293,000 people are sexually assaulted.
- Some 42% of college women who are raped tell no one about the assault.
- Roughly 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted before their 18th birthday.